Scroll DownLadywell Convent, Surrey

Case Study: Ladywell Convent, Surrey

Project Synopsis: New steel windows by Clement selected for Convent refurbishment

Ladywell Convent is the Motherhouse of the Franciscan Missionaries of the Divine Motherhood (FMDM) congregation, an international religious congregation of Catholic women who proclaim the joy and freedom of the Gospel in the spirit of Francis and Claire of Assisi.

Situated in the beautiful Surrey hills, the Convent offers hospitality for returning Missionaries and visitors and is also the site of La Verna, a home for elderly sisters and those who support them.

Previously named Tuesley Court and bought by the FMDM in 1956, Ladywell is Arts and Crafts in style, Grade II listed and an oasis of calm and tranquility just outside Godalming

An extensive refurbishment was recently carried out to the residential and conference buildings on the site ensuring their suitability for an aging group of sisters. Two new support buildings were also constructed.

Side hung casements from the Clement SMW range with genuine 12mm flat leads were installed in the new Greccio building, polyester powder painted RAL 9005 (Jet Black) semi gloss with the handles, hinges and peg stays powder coated to match the frames. Windows from the Clement EB20 steel window range with 12mm oval leads were installed in the Staff Building, also painted RAL 9005.

Michael O’Brien from O&D Constuction said:

“Steel windows manufactured by Clement were the right choice because of their close match to the existing heritage windows at Ladywell Convent. The team at Clement did a great job they delivered the project on time and there were no issues.”

Ladywell Convent, Surrey

Ladywell Convent, Surrey

Ladywell Convent, Surrey

Ladywell Convent, Surrey