- ABOUT US
- CASE STUDIES
Mount Saint Bernard Abbey opened in 1844 after a donation from John, the 16th Earl of Shrewsbury, enabled a permanent monastery to be built to replace the original building. The most famous architect of the Gothic Revival, Augustus Welby Pugin, offered his services for free and designed the beautiful building which still stands today.
Naturally this was an incredibly sensitive project for Clement. The Listed Building is of great architectural significance and the fact that we would be replacing metal windows, some of which were over 170 years old, meant a great deal of planning and thought went into deciding the correct specification.
Clement’s EB20 range of steel windows was specified by the architect to best replicate the original windows, while still improving the thermal efficiency which was so important for the building’s residents, the religious order of Saint Bernard.
The slim, elegant sections of EB20 allow the creation of the beautiful club and arch heads seen in the pictures above which add to the charm of this wonderful historic building.
Site: Mount Saint Bernard Abbey, Charnwood Forest, Leicestershire
Architect: Freeland Rees Roberts, 25 City Rd, Cambridge, CB1 1DP
Specification: Clement EB20 window range
Colour: RAL 9005 Black (semi-gloss)
Furniture: Hampstead handle in a satin chrome finish with matching peg stay
Windows powder coated to match the steel frames
20mm insulated glass units krypton filled
Clement EB20 bespoke steel windows are manufactured from hot rolled steel window and door profiles generally in compliance with BS 6510 Revision 10 Nov 2020 which are produced from 98% recycled steel source material. Hot dip zinc galvanised to EN ISO BS:1461 and with a polyester powder coat paint finish to BS:6497 2005 EN 13438 2018.